Saturday, March 26, 2011

March 26, 2011 Embossed quilt blocks


Ok, here we are March 26, in Mid-Missouri, and it is still snowing!  We're supposed to get up to 5 inches today!  I'm ready for spring, so I thought a card in pastel colors was needed!

I feel really bad, because I cannot remember where I saw the directions for this card.  I know there are several on SCS, but this one was done with the tiny squares, embossed, and then put on an embossed card front.  I also looked through TJ Newsletter, but couldn't find it there, either.  Whoever you are, I love this technique!  I can even see the example in my mind!  The little beaded thingy on the ribbon was bought at Hobby Lobby in the bridal section.  Thought it was cute.  This is the perfect card for a friend of mine who is having knee replacement surgery on Friday, and her mother is quite the quilter!  It was a little tedious cutting out the squares, as I didn't have a punch the size I wanted, so I had to cut them on the paper cutter.  If I find the artist who shared this technique, I will come back and edit this post.

TFL

Joyce



No comments:

Post a Comment